This is a simple story of a simple family trying to slow down this crazy life and enjoy the "moments"...



Thursday, January 15, 2015

My Non-Tattoo

I have a new saying.
A mantra if you will.
One I will work on memorizing….
And certainly on applying.

I want God to use me…to deem me worthy of being usable.
I want to be available….but not just available--ready and primed and locked and loaded.

If I were to get a tattoo….which I'm not because I've seen what happens when you get saggy and baggy and you can't read the words anymore….
THIS is what I'd have inked up my arm.

(Then my addled brain wouldn't have to memorize it.)



Be kind and merciful.
Let no one ever come to you without coming away better and happier.
Be the living expression of God's kindness:
Kindness in your face,
Kindness in your eyes,
Kindness in your smile,
Kindness in your warm greeting.
In the slums (or out in the real world) we are the light of God's kindness to the poor.
To children.
To the poor,
To all who suffer and are lonely,
Give always a happy smile.
Give them not only your care,
But also your heart.

            --Mother Theresa

No comments: