This is a simple story of a simple family trying to slow down this crazy life and enjoy the "moments"...



Tuesday, February 1, 2011

I COULD Be Wrong..

I am a little embarrassed to confess that I have a bit of an addiction to the weather channel. 
It's true.
I like to watch it.  Lots.
Maybe "knowing" the weather gives me some elusive yet very really longed for sort of "control" over my life?
Maybe not.
Either way....I've logged in many hours watching Local on the 8's. 
I've seen many daily forecasts during those hours. 
These have included "partly cloudy", "wintry mix", "foggy", "sunny", "partly sunny" etc. 
But...I have NEVER NEVER NEVER seen what I saw predicted for today.
It said....."BLIZZARD".
Blizzard?
In SOUTHwest Missouri?
Huh?
Last night school was cancelled before we had seen even ONE drop of anything.  I thought with my vast and superior Georgian-born snow knowledge that perhaps the region was...ah-hem---overreacting a tad bit. 
Then I saw a Facebook photo (thanks, Ruth) of the bread shelves in Wal-Mart.  They were TOTALLY bare.  Totally.  Totally as in...not ONE loaf left.
Then I saw the words, "SNOW-MAGEDDON" flash across the news.
Then my (super duper fabulous) sister-in-law called to invite my youngest two offspring to spend the next to nights with her to be "live-in" playmates.
Hmmmmmmm.
Maybe I was UNDER-reacting??

So I packed up the young ones with all of their snow stuff as quickly as I could before she changed her mind and kissed them good-bye, cleaned the house and went to bed.

When I woke up.....
Well.
I am not usually a person who minds saying if I am wrong....and you know what?
I was wrong.
I was so so so so so so so so so so very wrong.
Way wrong.
Not only did we have some serious serious snow.....the wind was blowing so hard you couldn't see the top of the street!

At 10:00 we had 11 inches...


And it just kept coming down!!!!!!!!

Did I mention I was wrong?
Snow.
Blizzard.
Woah.

Daniel Boone wanna-be Bennett enjoyed the snow-day when dressed appropriately....


And Rapp enjoyed it too.



Let's see what the next few hours bring.
BUT....I'll tell you something, Mother Nature...
I have bread...
I have hot chocolate...
I have diet coke...
I have cookies...
I have stuff to make snow ice cream.....
BRING IT ON, LADY....BRING IT ON!

No comments: